Saturday, June 19, 2010

Learning Happens


And now I am participating in Learning Happens from over at Patriots of the Republic Academy.  Celebrating those learning moments that occur when a child isn't actively being taught :)

While it's not Thing 1 learning something on his own, Thing 2 DOES have to learn things as well.  He usually isn't around running water much, and here he was learning that he can't "catch" the water.  He kept trying to grab it and I just love the look on his face in this picture.

And it's not uncommon for me to see Thing 1 playing with his FUNtastic Frogs and the balance scale.  I don't recall exactly what he was doing at this point, but he will see how many of his wooden cubes equals how many frogs, how many little frogs equal a certain number of big frogs... I leave his manipulatives where he can get to them at any time so he can explore on his own :)


Hop on over and share your own learning-without-teaching moments on Patriots of the Republic Academy!

1 comment:

A Thoughtful Spot said...

Thanks for sharing Stephanie. Hopefully this week will go better since I am actually near my computer instead of 300 miles away. ;)

Michelle