Monday, August 2, 2010

Exercise *ahem*

Remember a whiiiiile ago I committed to wanting to do at least a small amount of exercise every single day?

Yeah, that didn't work out so well timing-wise.  Our A/C was broken, and so any thought of doing something other than sitting around sweating went RIGHT out the window.

Then all of July I was a lazy bum.  I'm quite good at that.  Thing 2 has started walking a LOT and so I've been go after him a LOT.  We purchased an elliptical, so I've been getting on that for a few minutes at a time at least once a day.

A couple weeks ago, we picked up Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred.  I did it once, to Link saying "You can do it honey!" and then couldn't move for a week.  Yeah, that did not go so well LOL

Saturday of this past week though (July 31) I put it in and tried again.  Even though it had been about 2 weeks since my previous attempt, I found it to be easier.  Link did it with me, as well, and wanted to die by the end of it.  (He didn't appreciate the reminders of his behavior when *I* did it the first time, lemme tell ya!)  So Sunday I did it by myself.  I do well until the third cycle strength and abs when I just want to fall apart.  It's because of my KNEES though.  I guess it might be my weight and lack of fitness combined, but jumping jacks KILL MY KNEES!

Thing 1 tried to help on Sunday.  He crawled onto my chest while I was trying to do crunches.  Over 20 pounds of baby does not a pleasant crunching experience make.

Buuuuuuuut I'm going to be doing my third consecutive day today!

Go ME!

No comments: