Monday, December 14, 2009

Boys will be Boys

Thing 1 turns 5 in a couple days and I was quite proud of myself because he's never had stitches and made it nearly 5 years.

Until last night. He was running around at my mother-in-law's house, horsing around with one of my brothers-in-law, and I heard *thunk* and "Oh my god, are you ok?"

Link goes to look and Thing 1 has his hand over his forehead. He was joking around about BIL hurting Thing 1 as I walked over, and BIL convinced Thing 1 to move his hand so he can see.

I hate blood. I also hate hearing about how the gash is wide enough it requires stitches.

Four stitches, 3 days before his 5th birthday. We almost made it 5 full years.

He was a trooper though. He didn't cry, although his eyes did well up at one point. And from what I was told, he was extremely cooperative at the doctor's. I stayed at my mother-in-law's house because I still had Thing 2 to take care of, plus I was in the midst of a panic attack. So my MIL went with Link to the doctor's.

We were over there because this coming weekend we're going out of town to visit MY family. And since we'll be gone for Christmas, plus Thing 1's birthday is Wednesday and mine is Saturday, we had a bit of celebrating to get out of the way :) (plus both of my BIL's birthdays were now too... younger one was yesterday and older one is today)



Thing 1's gash is like an inch to an inch and a half long right in the middle of his forehead at the hairline. They had to shave his widow's peak apparently because the gash went just into it enough that his hair was a problem. And he has a regular appointment this Friday anyway that was scheduled a month and a half ago, so his stitches will probably be coming out then.

No comments: