Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Lots of New Stuff Apparently!

So apparently I haven't updated in almost 2 weeks.

Thing 1 still reads over my shoulder, and will even go out of his way to do so. He also tries to watch what Link is doing over HIS shoulder and that just irritates Link. Thing 1 likes to get close enough behind people while reading that if you turn in the slightest amount, you're going to end up accidentally bumping him.

Impa-puppy has claimed Thing 2's carseat as a place for her to nap because Thing 1 claimed the blanket she has been laying on.

Also on the Thing 1 front, I have been working on getting him "ready" for schooling. Helping with reading directions, FOLLOWING the directions and such. I have one of those Learn at Home books that is supposed to be a year worth of curriculum and such. I have just torn out pages to give to him to practice letters and cutting and gluing and such. He now ASKS for these worksheets almost immediately upon waking every single day. So he LOVES worksheets and I think that that will help tremendously when we start school stuff because he won't JUST want to do the non-paperwork type stuff.

We DID have an argument about how a pencil is meant to be held though. I won. I think that's only because he realised how much more comfortable it is to hold it properly.

Thing 2 slept for 7+ hours a night for almost a week, and now has hit a bumpy spot in the road. I think he may be getting ready to start teething. He is gnawing on his hands and fingers even more than before, and also shoving anything and everything in his mouth to gnaw on. I can't for the life of me remember what Thing 1 was like at this point. But Thing 2 is fussing a lot more now, too, like he's uncomfortable.

Blargh!

So I am up tonight because Thing 2 is sleeping in 30-60 minute spurts and Link needs sleep because he has to work. Woohoo.

NOT!

No comments: